1) Create an account via https://refworks.proquest.com/?EML=welcome
2) Use tut.fi email address and click check (you'll get a message "Good News! Refworks is available at Tampere Univesity of Technology")
3) Create a password
4) After creating the logins you will get an activation email message -> open the message and click "To confirm your RefWorks account, click this link" button
5) You will be redirected to RefWorks where you should complete your user information (name, subject, user group).
6) RefWorks is ready to use!
After creating the account you can use RefWorks wherever internet access is available. The license is provided to TUT students, TUT staff and TUT alumni (see Alumni Program).
! You can't login to the New RefWorks with the Legacy RefWorks' username and password.
RefWorks is a web-based reference management program with which you can:
With RefWorks you can create your own personal account, where you can store references and attach files. You can export references to RefWorks from almost any database. You can easily create bibliographies, print them or email them, create in-text citations and share references with others. The free Write-N-Cite tool allows you to create and edit your citations as you write them. It also creates a bibliography according to your selected output style and updates it automatically.
In RefWorks you can cite according to the TUT's name-year or numerical referencing system. In RefWorks and Write-N-Cite the styles are named as TUT_name-year or TUT_numerical.
Download reference editing guide for TUT citation styles.
! RefWorks does not support adding page numbers to the citation in numerical styles (e.g. TUT_numerical). If you want to add page numbers to your citations, mark them next to the citation (outside the brackets) and add them inside the brackets only as you are finishing the text and will add no more citations.